Your original story in a special place
Region of Valencia is the perfect set to give life to stories. There are plenty of reasons why the most important professionals of the audiovisual industry choose Region of Valencia, making the area one of the best sets for all kind of productions.
INCREDIBLE SPACESThe architecture in Region of Valencia can adapt to all types of weather as well as to all types of story. It boasts more than 525 km of coastline and beaches, 22 natural parks, rocky and mountainous areas, as well as enormous palaces, castles and architecture of historic heritage, charming squares, streets, modern and old bridges, large cities and rural areasâ¦ all sorts of locations within an area of 23,000 km2, allowing the region to act as the backdrop for the best productions.
MORE THAN 300 DAYS OF SUN PER YEARThe temperatures of Region of Valencia are the envy of the rest of Spain, with an average of 20ÂºC and more than 300 days of clear skies throughout the year. Sun is also one of the regionâs characteristics. With around 3,000 hours of light per year and an average of 12 hours per day, its light brings a special hue to images.
CONNECTIONSGetting to Region of Valencia is simple, wherever youâre coming from. The three capitals of the region are connected to Madrid by high-speed train with a journey time of less than 2 hours. There are also three international airports (Valencia, Alicante and CastellÃ³n) with connections to the main European capitals and to various international hubs which connect to other continents with just one layover.
ACCOMMODATON CAPACITYWith over 200,000 beds available at accommodation from luxury hotels to tourist apartments distributed throughout the Region of Valencia, you can choose where to sleep and easily get to the shoot location.
AUDIO-VISUAL INDUSTRYRegion of Valencia has a track record within the sector, from cinema to advertising to animation. More than 200 Spanish and international productions have been filmed in recent years in Region of Valencia. Spanish masterpieces of international renown such as the highly acclaimed âPain and Gloryâ (Pedro AlmodÃ³var) which was recently selected by The Academy of Cinematographic Arts and Sciences to represent Spain at the Oscars, and large budget films such as âTomorrowlandâ, cult American series such as âWestworldâ and âGame of Thronesâ as well as internationally recognised Spanish series such as âThe Pier (El Embarcadero)â, the best Bollywood cinema, advertising campaigns for big brandsâ¦ All sorts of productions have taken place in Region of Valencia.
TAX BENEFITSThe Region of Valencia has tax incentives for international films and television series.
30% TAX REBATE
- Type of foreign productions: Â feature films, television series, animated films and documentaries.
- Maximum refund limit: 10 million euros.
- Beneficiaries: Spanish companies registered in the register of audiovisual production companies of the Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts.
- Basis for deduction: eligible expenditure incurred in Spain.
- Eligible expenditure: creative staff based in the country or in another state of the European Union, up to a limit of 100,000 euros per person / technical and complementary services.
- Minimum expenditure made in Spain: 1 million euros and 200,000 euros for animation and VFX projects.
- Procedure: the refounding must be requested by the Spanish company, in the month of July of the year after the end of the shooting
SAFETY SHOOTINGSIn Region of Valencia, shootings complies with all the applicable regulations for the audiovisual industry and the necessary security protocols according to the regulations approved for this purpose and always subject to the decisions that, at any time, are adopted by the authorities and Spanish public administrations.