The Region of Valencia has tax incentives for international films and television series.
30% TAX REBATE
- Type of foreign productions: feature films, television series, animated films and documentaries.
- Maximum refund limit: 10 million euros.
- Beneficiaries: Spanish companies registered in the register of audiovisual production companies of the Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts.
- Basis for deduction: eligible expenditure incurred in Spain.
- Eligible expenditure: creative staff based in the country or in another state of the European Union, up to a limit of 100,000 euros per person / technical and complementary services.
- Minimum expenditure made in Spain: 1 million euros and 200,000 euros for animation and VFX projects.
- Procedure: the refounding must be requested by the Spanish company, in the month of July of the year after the end of the shooting.
In addition, at regional level there are subventions* for feature films, short films, animation, fiction and digital platforms through CulturArts. In some municipalities, as in the case of the city of Valencia, taxes for the occupation of public space are exempted if the city’s heritage is valued.